Title: Barbara Drinkwater Student Research Travel Award
Purpose: To provide partial funding for a graduate student and or sports medicine fellow who is engaged in and presenting research findings related to the Female Athlete Triad to attend the ACSM Annual Meeting and the Female Athlete Triad Coalition meeting. The spirit of this award is to contribute to the professional development of a future “triad researcher” who shows promise in continuing the outstanding research that has been performed in this field to help exercising women and athletes. The award is inspired by the outstanding seminal contributions to Triad research that Dr. Barbara Drinkwater has made during her remarkable career.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
1) Research must be accepted for presentation at ACSM
2) Research must be related to the female athlete triad
3) The student/fellow must be the first/presenting author on the research
4) The student/fellow must be actively engaged in Triad research during her/his graduate training
5) The student/fellow must be currently enrolled in a doctoral graduate program or have graduated within 6 months of the presentation
6) The student and the advisor must attend both the ACSM national meeting and the Female Athlete Triad Coalition meeting
7) The research abstract must be posted on the Coalition website in advance of the meeting
8) The student/fellow must notify the Coalition President by email within 2 weeks of receiving notification of acceptance of her/his abstract for presentation (poster or oral) at the ACSM Annual Meeting
Beginning after ACSM abstract deadline through March 31, 2017:
1. Send abstract and letter stating interest to be considered, along with curriculum vitae to:
Room 206 Noll Laboratory
Department of Kinesiology
Penn State University
University Park, PA 16802
2. Applications are reviewed by the FATC research committee in early March and the winner is notified by the President. Award is made at the meeting ($500 check), so it’s pending the successful acceptance of the abstract and attendance at the ACSM meeting and the FATC meeting (student/fellow and advisor).
Award:Presentation of the award is made by the current president of the Coalition to the student at the Female Athlete Triad Coalition meeting.